Nancy Blair

Nancy Blair, M.Ed (Counselling), RCT, CCC, C.Hyp

Are you experiencing anxiety, depression, fear, hopelessness?  Do you find there are days when your personal life and/or the state of the work seems overwhelming? People come to me for counselling for help with a variety of issues: anxiety, grief, (death of a loved one), loss, depression, confusion, difficulty with transition and change. People also come to me because they feel stuck and they want to change a long-standing pattern that no longer serves them. Recognizing these patterns and deciding to seek help is the first step of healing. Entering into counselling is a wise and healthy choice – one to be proud of.

Do you ever wonder if you are experiencing eco-anxiety (anxiety about what is happening to the ecology of the world, or your own future) or eco-grief (grief over the loss of life, be it human, animal or habitat)? More and more, I am seeing people struggling with eco-anxiety and eco-grief. Eco-psychology (understanding our relationship with the world) and eco-therapy (developing our relationship with the world) are fields that are gaining more attention.

I am a Registered Counselling Therapist (RCT) with the Nova Scotia College of Counselling Therapists (NSCCT) and a Canadian Certified Counsellor (CCC) with the Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association (CCPA). I am also certified in Hypnotherapy and Pet Loss and Bereavement Counselling. Before becoming a Therapist, I completed my Masters of Environmental Studies (MES) at Dalhousie University, where I worked after completing my degree. I have deepened my personal understanding of how I live in relationship with the world through my work in Animal Assisted Therapy with my canine co-workers -Tyson and Taurus, both retired greyhound racers.  I was the Founding President of the Animal Assisted Therapy in Counselling Chapter of the CCPA and am now the Interim President.

My fee is $100/session for an individual; my fee for group work is determined based on the required work. RCTs are recognized by all the major insurers. However, an employer, union or organization must include RCTs in their health plan in order for an insurance company to pay for work with an RCT. Check with your organization to see if they have taken this step. Any fee you pay on your own can be used as an income tax deduction. My Practice is an animal-friendly one.